Thursday, May 15, 2008

Antique Center

Photo quote for today: "Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field." -Peter Adams

Not every image I make has a story to go with it, but this one does. I first say this building late one Sunday, on my way home with my wife and dog after a day of hiking in New Hampshire. At that time of day the lighting was all wrong so I decided I would return the next morning, before going to work, and shoot some film. Even though nature photography is my first passion, there was no way I was going to pass-up an opportunity to add this one to my files. I returned the next morning and shot about half a roll of slide film before the light started to change and it was time to head to work. For the rest of the week all I could think about was getting back there to finish off the roll, I really wanted to see the results on film. The following Thursday I again headed out early to complete my roll. When I arrived all I found was a bare wall; the building had been raised in order to straighten it out and add a foundation. It has never been returned to its former glory.

No comments: