Monday, April 14, 2008

Angel Falls


These two images are from Angel Falls. The bottom one is more about composition then color, while in the broader landscape color plays a bigger roll in the final image. When I find myself in an interesting area I like to work the subject from as many different angles as possible.

This is one of those places that I almost never made it into to photograph. Using my Gazetteer to help locate these falls, I had driven my 4X4 a couple of miles down a rough logging road to the trailhead parking lot. My wife and I then harnessed the dog and packed the gear for what should have been a short hike, but after searching the area for over an hour we were unable to locate the trailhead. Frustrated by the effort I was ready to call it a day, when my wife suggested we take a break, garb a bite, and then try it one more time. While we were snacking we heard the sound of a large vehicle driving down the logging road. When I went to check it out I was suppressed to see that it was a full-size tour bus filled with out-of-state visitors. When I asked the guide where they were headed she replied Angel Falls. I took note of the direction they were heading, and after they made their way back to the bus I followed in their footsteps. I know what some of you may be thinking, but technically I wasn't really asking for directions.



No comments: